MRHS Science Department
Expectations for Student Learning
Students will develop and improve the following science literacy skills, which are applicable to everyday life:
- Use the methods of scientific inquiry to plan, conduct, draw conclusions, and evaluate scientific investigations.
- Build an understanding of fundamental concepts of science by making connections between the various science disciplines
- Conduct scientific investigations that lead to understandings of natural scientific processes
- Observe, conduct, organize and evaluate scientific data
- Improve scientific skills of observing, measuring, replicating experiments, manipulating equipment, and collecting and reporting data through engagement in laboratory activities and fieldwork
- Study and learn about important historical and contemporary investigations and solutions that have led to new knowledge about the world around them
- Convey scientific understandings to others in both a written and verbal form so as to effectively share scientific ideas relating to themselves and the world around them
- Learn the fundamental concepts required for competency in various science disciplines
At least three science courses are required of all students for graduation.
Image used with permission from Pixabay